The Student News Site of Springside Chestnut Hill Academy

The Campus Lantern

The Campus Lantern

The Campus Lantern

Keep the Phaith supports grieving families by partnering with the Phillies

On August 26th, 2010 the life of six -year-old Kevin Flach was cut short by a tragic accident. While the community and his family tried to make sense of the loss, they had an idea to create a foundation to support their family and others who struggled with traumatic, life changing events. Shortly after, The Kevin From Heaven Foundation was created. According to the website, “Since its’ inception, the KFH Foundation has worked to reach out to individuals and families, by offering both emotional and financial support to those enduring the most difficult of life circumstances … ‘Kevin’s Gifts’ are given in the hopes of alleviating, even just a little, the worry and pain that often accompany tragedy.”

Growing up Kevin loved baseball and the Phillies, so it only made sense that the foundation should be involved with the Phillies. After asking about their connection with the Phillies, Kevin’s sister, Meghan Flach ‘24, said “The foundation was blessed to get a sponsorship with the Phillies. Every year the foundation hosts a Night at The Ballpark, when we partner with the Phillies for a game. It is always a great night filled with friends and family. Over the years the foundation has built a relationship with the Phillies where we are often invited to games and dinners with them!”

Alex Reilly, a senior at Springside Chestnut Hill and close friend of Meghan said, “As someone who is lucky enough to be close to the Flach family, they are the most loving and kind people. The Keep the Phaith Foundation honors Kevin and their family and also helps support families who are in a place of need. There are numerous events that they run to support families and raise money and awareness for others. They have created such a strong, close community that continues to expand, and everyone wears their Keep the Phaith t-shirts and sweatshirts with love and pride for the Flach Family and their purpose.”

Kevin’s brother Joe Flach ‘26 said, “The foundation is something that is very special to our family. After experiencing something so life altering, creating something that can help families who have gone through similar circumstances is such a great way to honor Kevin.”