Devils lacrosse prepares for spring season

Alec Tulio and Finn Dougherty celebrate a goal last season

For many high school athletes, the sports season begins way before the first official team practice. Preseason is important to any team whose players are itching to get their season started. Right now, the SCH boys lacrosse team is preparing their minds and bodies for the upcoming season.

“It’s our time,” said senior Finn Dougherty, a middie who is committed to play at Fairfield University next year. “We’ve been doing everything from lifting to team practices and it’s all going to pay off.”

Ross Prince, a senior captain who will play lacrosse at Georgetown University next year weighed in on the team’s long hours of preparation: “It’s a big commitment, but it is one we are all willing to make as a team to have our best season.” Ross continued, “We have big expectations for this season. We are ready to take the next step and beat some of the powerhouse programs like Malvern and Haverford.” This has been a challenge for the team as it has been a long time since they have beaten those teams. This year though, they feel like it is their time to come out on top of the Inter Ac and get the title. Ross added, “We have all the guys to win the Inter Ac. We just have to go out there and do it.”

While the path to the championship may not be easy, Devils lacrosse is confident that all their hard work and preparation will pay off. The team is scheduled to play five top twenty-five teams in the country, and they can’t wait for the season to begin.

View Comments (3)