The Student News Site of Springside Chestnut Hill Academy

The Campus Lantern

The Campus Lantern

The Campus Lantern

SCH hosts 21st annual Multicultural Festival

Co-Chairs Anna Chandra, Nadine Jeremiah and Anne Margaret O’Malley

SCH families transformed the Thornley Middle School auditorium into a hub of World Cultures on Sunday, March 3rd, marking the 21st annual SCH Academy Multicultural and Diversity Festival.

Over 21 countries were represented. Some shared food, artifacts, and crafts, and there was even a very popular Mehndi (henna body art) table. Once visitors picked up their passports, they could explore this year’s booths and get them stamped while enjoying the music and dance presentations.

This year’s event was very nostalgic for me. I have attended, danced, or hosted a table many times with my family over my 18 years. This was the second time Dr Dinkins attended the multicultural festival. He said, “Witnessing our community come together to appreciate and celebrate diverse cultural traditions was heartwarming. The smiles on people’s faces reflected joy and unity. From captivating performances to the delightful array of international cuisines, every festival aspect contributed to a memorable and enriching experience.”

If you missed the festival this year, don’t worry. I heard that Anna Maria Chandra, the multicultural and diversity chair, is already planning next year’s theme.

View Comments (2)
Donate to The Campus Lantern

Your donation will support the student journalists of Springside Chestnut Hill Academy. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.