SCH hires new head of DEIB; new head of admissions

Maxime Sinal will join SCH as the new head of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Photo courtesy of Dr. Sinal
Katy Friedland is the school’s new head of admissions. (Julia MacMullan)

Dr. Maxime Sinal will join SCH this July as the school’s new head of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.

When asked what drew him to join SCH he said, “What drew me to accept is meeting all of you … I’m driven by the work that students do because that’s just the nature of who I am as an educator. So I love just a lot of the things that I was able to hear from both the middle school students and the upper school students.”

When asked what drew the hiring committee to Mr. Sinal, students and faculty alike noted that he was warm, easy to talk to, and seemed like a natural leader.

Dr. Sinal currently serves as the English department chair and DEIB coordinator at the Wardlaw Hartridge School in Edison, NJ.

Welcome, Dr. Sinal!

Katy Friedland will serve as the school’s new director of admissions and enrollment management. With a deep passion for education, the arts, and SCH, Mrs. Friedland will be an exceptional ambassador and leader.

Over the past decade, Mrs. Friedland has balanced many roles in the school, in both admissions and development, and as an upper school advisor.

When asked what excites her about the new position, she said, “I am really looking forward to amplifying SCH’s story so that even more families understand what makes our school special. We enroll students from eighteen months to eighteen years … I also love getting to know families and helping them feel at home.”

We are excited for Mrs. Friedland to continue her long lasting impact on SCH.