The Student News Site of Springside Chestnut Hill Academy

The Campus Lantern

The Campus Lantern

The Campus Lantern

Ms. Queeno is queen of her own animal kingdom

Ms. Queeno owns all different types of reptiles, insects, and fish. All of these are currently crawling, slithering, and swimming in a building that all students from SCH have been in.

Ms. Queeno is a teacher at Springside Chestnut Hill Academy and teaches a variety of different sciences including environmental science, biology, chemistry, and anatomy and physiology. In college she studied biology and a major factor in choosing that major was her love of animals. Over her course of time at SCH she has had the opportunity to own various different animals. Her love for animals is acknowledged by her students and other teachers around the school.

Ms. Queeno’s love for animals started at a very young age. She said, “I grew up on a farm” and “both of my parents like animals and would take me outside and like we’d get dirty and go for hikes and stuff.” Ever since then she has been intrigued and passionate about animals.

She currently has animals, or pets, at school and at her home. At school she has five pets and several bugs. She currently has two snakes, one is a ball python named Lady and the other is a corn snake named Strawberry. She also has a Russian tortoise named Roger and three goldfish to go with the snakes and other reptiles. But her favorite is “Sargent the bearded dragon, who’s been here as long as I have.”

Ms. Queeno’s love for animals isn’t going away anytime soon. I asked her if she will always be this passionate about animals and she confidently and excitedly said, “Yeah, for sure.”

She loves all animals, it doesn’t matter how big, small, ugly or cute they are, she has room for all of them. Even room for her “Madagascar hissing cockroaches, which are a new addition.”