The Campus Lantern chooses a new logo!

The Campus Lantern’s new logo (left) beside its original logo (right)

Junior Anderson Swanger’s updated, revived version of The Campus Lantern’s old logo won the contest with 85 votes, 29.1% of the 292 students who helped select a winner! 

The new logo includes SCH’s five core values – integrity, thoughtfulness, diversity, resilience, and courage. It combines the Springside School’s laurel leaf and Chestnut Hill Academy’s torch, two more aspects of SCH’s school logo. 

“It took me longer to find editing software than to create the actual logo,” said Swanger.

I’m glad that a piece of me will live on in our school newspaper forever.

— Anderson Swanger '25

“Looking at the two logos side by side it’s not hard to see where I got most of my inspiration.” Swanger noticed The Campus Lantern’s old logo on the new website and saw “nothing wrong with it. It just needed some elements to make it exclusively ‘SCH,’” he said.  Swanger added the year 2023 to signify The Campus Lantern’s revival. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, you know?”

Also a staff writer, Swanger has “really enjoyed” his experience with the paper. “I’m glad that a piece of me will live on in our school newspaper forever.”