The Student News Site of Springside Chestnut Hill Academy

The Campus Lantern

The Campus Lantern

The Campus Lantern

Hillers head into the off season

Tobey Schwartz 27′
Hillers Soccer goalie, Cole Carberry ’26 makes a diving save.

The springtime offseason brings many questions as to how the SCH Hillers will prepare for their 2024 fall season. With ten seniors departing, many of the underclassmen are looking to improve and find their spots in the team while the rising seniors are finding their place as leaders.

Hoping to improve their record of 9-10-3 from the previous season, the team is preparing by doing lifts together and captain’s practices once or twice a week. These lifts will bond the team together mentally while individuals improve themselves physically.

Rising junior Patrick Donohue said that he is most excited to “see how our team will come together because we lost a lot of starters.” Other players are excited for new opportunities to get better as a team. Rising senior and captain Michael Glennon said, “These lifts will help everyone become more prepared for the physicality of the Inter-ac,” hoping to have a chance at the league title.

With a changed landscape in the Inter-Ac, anything is possible for the team next year. JR Maher, rising junior and winger, thinks the team can do well because the team “already [has] pretty strong bonds,” and this is what could be the team’s strength. With the players spending extra time together, the bonds will only get better, making the team stronger.

Coach Zalasky is excited to see how the younger guys will rise up and “how [they are] going to contribute right from day one.” With the focus of the lifts being put on the fall season, Lev Eskin, an underclassmen, says that he is looking forward to “making an impact on the field and having a great run throughout the year.”

All in all, the new season brings new opportunities for younger players and the chance at a great run in both the Inter-ac and the PAISSA championships.