Ross Prince spreads the rhythm of life

Ross+Prince+uploading+his+mixtape+to+Soundclound.+
Finn Dougherty
Ross Prince uploading his mixtape to Soundclound.

Do you know Ross Prince the music connoisseur? Ross Prince is a wellknown senior at Springside Chestnut Hill Academy. He plays lacrosse and will continue playing the sport he loves at Georgetown University. However, what many people do not know is Ross’s love of music and his passion for creating mixtapes. Ross creates these mixtapes in order to make the songs flow into each other making seamless transitions that make you unable to tell the different songs apart from one another.

Ross explained, “I have always listened to music, whether it be rap or EDM. Creating my mixtapes has always been for my own enjoyment or for the enjoyment of my lacrosse team… Something about hearing different songs mix together to essentially form one big song brings joy to me.”

Evan Prince, Ross’s older brother, spoke about Ross’s interest in making mixtapes: “I feel like Ross started this interest about a year and a half ago when he saw other lacrosse guys crafting their own pregame playlist, and it inspired him a bit so he wanted to see what he could do.”

Ross said he thinks his music taste gives him a second personality – he’s not just a student athlete. Ross explained, “my music shapes how I am seen by the people who know about my love for music.” Evan agreed: “Ross’s versatility with his music kind of reflects his personality and how he has a more go with the flow approach to life.”

Ross was asked if he creates his music playlist for his enjoyment or for the enjoyment of others. He had this to say about it: “Both really, I love going through all the music and seeing what fits best and I love seeing how others enjoy my playlist and mixes, especially my lacrosse team.” Cole Himes, senior lacrosse player at SCH, helped Ross create this year’s pregame playlist for the lacrosse team. Cole said: “I really enjoyed taking the time to make this mix with Ross. It was a joy to see our team’s reaction to it as well. It gave us the feeling that our hard work paid off for something good.”

Ross continues to live out his passion of mixing music day in and day out. Ross hopes to continue his love in the future, whether it be for his own enjoyment or for the enjoyment of his upcoming lacrosse team at Georgetown University.