The Student News Site of Springside Chestnut Hill Academy

The Campus Lantern

The Campus Lantern

The Campus Lantern

Halal Food Truck in Roxboro, PA doesn’t disappoint

Halal Food Truck

Oftentimes you find yourself with little money in your wallet and the need for cheap quality food that will fill you up. If this is the case, Halal Food Truck is the perfect place to go.

The Truck is located on the corner of Ridge and Leverington Avenues  in Roxboro, Philadelphia right outside the Dunkin’ Donuts. There is a parking lot right next to it that always has spots open so there is no reason to worry about parking and it is also very easy to walk to.

When I arrive at Halal Food Truck, I am always hit with a whiff of the warm and delicious smelling food. I get the chicken over rice, with no salad and tzatziki sauce, for only eight dollars. They also serve lamb over rice and chicken and lamb gyros. The food comes out quickly and I am always given a very large portion of chicken over rice with tzatziki sauce.

For only eight dollars, the quantity of the food is very good. While at other places like Chipotle or Panda Express, a bowl can reach prices up to fourteen dollars and the portion sizes can be very lacking, Halal Food Truck fills up their entire styrofoam boxes with delicious quality food.
I suggest that if you go to Halal Food Truck and order the chicken over rice, you should ask for no salad because that gives you more chicken and rice and doesn’t increase the price. Also, you should always get the tzatziki sauce because it is a great complement to the warm and flavorful chicken and rice.

What I can assure you is if you go to Halal Food Truck, you will get a large portion of quality and delicious food for far less money than other places and it doesn’t take long to come out. The service is also always amazing, but just a note they only take cash and Venmo, no credit cards. Overall, I give the food and my experience at Halal Food Truck a 9/10 and would highly recommend trying it if you have the chance.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Campus Lantern

Your donation will support the student journalists of Springside Chestnut Hill Academy. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.