The Student News Site of Springside Chestnut Hill Academy

The Campus Lantern

The Campus Lantern

The Campus Lantern

Dear SCH,

There are upwards of thirty stories in this third edition of The Campus Lantern! The scope of the content in this online issue is remarkable, and represents a glimpse of nearly everything going on in our upper school. 

Everyone knows that achieving great things, like building The Campus Lantern, often takes a team. What people may not know, however, is that sometimes it takes a team to write a single article! In the journalism elective, as several bylines reflect, we worked in small groups to produce news and feature stories of the highest quality, covering a massive range of topics from all angles. 

The bylines also reveal that our team has continued to grow. Six new writers are published in this online edition! 

This time around, the journalism elective and the newspaper activity come together to shine a light (lantern) on SCH’s multi-faceted snow day experience, a novel CEL Capstone initiative, an intense skittle-related debate, and so much more. 

If you read something you like, comment on the article! Talk about it! Or, if you find a review you disagree with, send us a letter and express that opinion! 

Without you, our readers, our community, The Campus Lantern would be nothing. Thank you all, and remember that you, the upper school students of SCH, are always welcome to join us. We would be happy to have you. 

Sincerely, 

Griffy Whitman ‘25

Inaugural Editor-in-Chief

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Campus Lantern

Your donation will support the student journalists of Springside Chestnut Hill Academy. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.