JD Sports expands to Philly suburbs

JD Sports grabs the attention of athletes and people who love athleisure apparel. I went to this store’s opening week and was amazed. I even felt proud of myself for finding this store because I love athleisure apparel!

JD Sports began in the northwest of England in 1981. Today, the JD Group is a well-known international omnichannel retailer of outdoor and sports fashion brands. They have expanded to the United States and just recently opened a store in the Oxford Valley Mall in Bucks County. One of their goals is to try to revive Oxford Valley Mall, which has not been the same since Covid.

Their most popular items include New Balances, Nike Techs, Asics, Nike Dunks, Adidas, and Jordan Retros. Unlike Footlocker, JD Sports has shoes that people will actually wear. Finding a Jordan Retro nowadays for retail price is almost unheard of, especially in colorways that are popular or that have recently dropped.

JD Sports was smart to add New Balances and Asics to their store, as these two brands are taking the teens’ and young adults’ money, especially in the Northeast, where it seems to be very popular to be wearing these shoes. If you look around you will see a lot of SCH students wearing these in the halls and chilling at lunch. Personally, I am not a fan because they look like something my Grandpa would wear while going on a two mile jog.

They also carry Adidas – specifically the Adidas Originals Samba OG Casual shoe, which is also popular with students at SCH, but they are definitely not my favorite. Also, their Nike Dunks selection is very good. I own the Pandas already, but they also have the University Red and the Miami colorways.

My favorite part of the store is definitely the Nike side, as it includes the Nike Techs and also the Dunks. When I went to the store I couldn’t stop myself from grabbing a black Nike Tech that I had been hesitating to get, because, as they are so expensive, I wanted to see them in person first. The store was able to have some on stock which was perfect.

Right now a lot of winter and fall clothes are on sale, and some spring clothing is out. I know I will be returning because they have these Nike Tech pants that I will most likely get. All in all, this store will definitely be my go-to for the spring and summer, for not only shoes but also clothes.

This store was needed in this mall and hopefully it will help Oxford grow a bigger attendance.