The best cheesesteak in Roxborough…

Barry’s Steaks is an underrated option as the best cheesesteak in Roxborough.
Barry’s Steaks has been in business for over thirty years and has been awarded many food review rewards, such as being named the top sixteen cheesesteak in Philadelphia by Barstool Philly, as well as being named the winner of the first annual Coop & Casey’s Cheesesteak Cup. On top of making a fantastic cheesesteak, Barry’s also makes their own bottled soda with 15 flavors, fan favorites being orange cream and root beer.
Barry’s cheesesteaks are carefully created and their workers are dedicated to providing the best cheesesteak they can. The majority of the staff are part of the family, so their good service is critical for their business to thrive. They have fifteen different specialty cheesesteaks and also offer six different cheese options including the Philly favorite Cheez Wiz. Making an award-winning cheese steak wasn’t enough for Barry’s Steaks as they also have many different options on the menu. This includes various hoagies, hot and cold sandwiches, grilled chicken, and hot dogs. They’re also famous in Roxborough for their amazing curly fries.
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy student Tommy Markey vocalized his strong opinions on Barry’s Steaks: “I’ve always preferred Barry’s Steaks over the other cheesesteak places in Roxborough.” Tommy also added,” Whenever I walk in there there’s never a wait and they always provide amazing service.”
Another SCH student Tucker Delisle agreed: “Before I knew about Barry’s I was a diehard Chubby’s fan.” Tucker’s mindset then changed once he tried Barry’s:” When I went to Barry’s for the first time I knew this was my new favorite cheesesteak place in Roxborough.”
Although some people agree that Barry’s Steaks is the best in Roxborough, most people don’t even know about it. ost cheesesteak places are like sports teams to people. They’re diehard to their spot and this topic will spark arguments and debates.
Another student Stevie Pileggi thought that Barry’s counterparts were significantly better than the lesser known Cheesesteak shop. “I think Chubby’s is the best cheesesteak place in Philadelphia not just Roxborough.” He also added,” I’ve never even heard of Barry’s Steak’s.”
Although Barry’s doesn’t have the clout that Delesandro’s and Chubbys have in Philadelphia, regarding cheesesteak’s many Roxborough residents think it’s just as good if not better. Barry’s provides amazing sit-down service and the wait time is nowhere near close to either of the two other iconic Philly Cheesesteak spots in Roxborough.